What is Apple Mac? Why should you get one?
What is a Mac?
The easiest way to define what a Mac is would be that it is an operating system built upon Unix which was originally designed for big workstations managing large amounts of data at once. The end-user computer version contains everything needed to run the OS including built-in networking software, disk storage drivers and much more. Everything is tightly integrated and simplified so the average consumer doesn’t have to worry about low-level details such as memory management, complex device drivers and the like.
This is unlike Microsoft Windows which was developed primarily as a platform for games and other applications that were independent of each other which later grew into an OS as well as a business-oriented OS. Apple’s OS has existed long before they ever made any computers; when they started making their own hardware in conjunction with the OS, its architecture was already in place and it could be implemented easily on their Machines without disrupting what had already been developed.
What Makes Macintosh Computers Better than PCs?
There are many different reasons why Macintosh computers outperform PCs. They use components that are exclusively designed for Apple Machines, which eliminates compatibility issues and also helps with performance. Additionally, the OS X operating system is far more stable and secure than Windows, and it includes many features that are not available on PCs. Macs also come equipped with a number of very useful built-in applications such as iMovie, GarageBand, and Photos that make it easy to create or edit content without having to purchase additional software.
Perhaps the most important reason to buy a Mac is that they are much less likely to be infected by malware and viruses. While Windows Machines are targeted by hackers more often, Macs are simply not as popular a target so they receive far fewer attacks. This means that you can rest assured that your computer will be safe and secure when using a Mac.
Overall, there are many reasons to consider buying a Mac. They are faster, more reliable, and less likely to be infected by malware than Windows Machines. Additionally, they come with a number of built-in applications that make them a great choice for content creation. If you are looking for a new computer, then a Mac should definitely be at the top of your list.
How much does a Mac cost?
In Melbourne, the cost of a Mac varies depending on the model that you choose. The most basic model, the Mac Mini, starts at $1099.00. The most expensive model, the iMac Pro, starts at $9,999.00.
There are also a number of different upgrades and add-ons that you can purchase to customize your Mac. These include things like extra storage space, better graphics cards, and faster processors.
In general, the more features and options that you want on your Mac, the more expensive it will be. However, even the most high-end models are still much cheaper than comparable Windows Machines.
So, if you are looking for a quality computer that is safe and reliable, a Mac is a good option. And, even though they may be more expensive than some other computers on the market, they still offer great value for the money.
In conclusion, Macs are a great choice for anyone looking for a quality computer. They come in a variety of different models, each with its own unique set of features. And, best of all, they are still much cheaper than comparable Windows Machines. So, if you are in the market for a new computer, be sure to consider a Mac!
How do you get your hands on a Mac
- Visit a store that sells Mac products. Some options include Officeworks, Apple Stores.
- Make sure you have the money to purchase a Mac product before going into the store, as they are usually expensive.
- Look at the computers on display, compare prices and choose which one is best for your needs.
- Have a salesperson assist you with the computer you chose if needed or desired, or just buy it yourself from a self serve area in some stores such as Officeworks.
- Bring the computer home and enjoy!
Pros and cons of the Mac computer
- A Mac computer is a stylish, sleek looking computer which will fit in perfectly with the decor of your home.
- This type of computer will run much more quickly and efficiently than a Windows based PC, for it uses what is called a “UNIX-based” system to control how it functions instead of Microsoft software like Windows or MS DOS, which Windows PCs use.
- The newest model Apple Macintosh computers have extremely high processing speeds compared to older models, generally running at 1.8 Ghz or more per core
- Since they are easier to use and offer a wider range of programs, Macs are very popular with people who aren’t very computer literate, which is to say those who are not very savvy about computers or don’t know much about them.
- Another huge benefit of using a Mac compared to a Windows PC is that Apple’s OS X operating system does not have any viruses. This may seem hard to believe given the fact that no computer can be made invulnerable to hacking or cyber-attacks, but it is true. Because of this, even the newest model Macintosh computers really don’t need an antivirus program installed on them because they are nearly impervious to virus attacks, unlike PCs running Microsoft’s Windows OS where there are many viruses in existence right now designed specifically for attacking PCs running this software.
- The price point of Apple products fluctuates between more expensive and cheaper than a comparable Windows PC. For example, the least expensive Mac laptop is more expensive than the least expensive Windows laptop, but on the other hand, the most expensive Mac desktop is less expensive than the most expensive Windows desktop.
- MacOS Sierra (the latest version of Apple’s OS X operating system) comes with many features that are not available on competing platforms such as Windows 10. Some of these features include: automatic unlocking of your Mac when you are wearing an authenticated Apple Watch, accessing files stored in iCloud Drive from any device or computer, and using Siri to control your Mac.
- One downside to using a Macintosh computer is that there is a smaller selection of software available for MacOS compared to what is available for Windows. This isn’t as much of a problem now as it was years ago, but it is still something to consider.
Why people would choose to buy a Mac over other brands?
There are several reasons why people might choose to buy a Mac over a PC. Some of these reasons include:
- Macs have always been known for their superior quality and design, and they continue to be some of the best-looking computers on the market.
- Macs come with many built-in features that are not available on other platforms, such as the ability to unlock your Mac using an authenticated Apple Watch.
- MacOS is a very stable and secure operating system, while Windows 10 can be somewhat unstable and vulnerable to malware attacks.
- Apple provides excellent customer service, and if you have any problems with your Mac, you can get help from the company’s support team.
- Macs tend to last longer than Windows PCs, and Apple offers a 3-year warranty that covers hardware issues related to the display, keyboard, speakers, and other components.
- The pre-installed software on Mac computers is generally very helpful and aimed at making it easier for users to do certain tasks. For instance, Mail aims at helping you manage your email better and Photos helps you organize and find photos in your library more easily. There are also many apps available in the App Store which can be downloaded for free or purchased for an affordable price.
Macs aren’t just designed with amazing style; they’re built with premium materials such as aluminum unibody cases that add strength while keeping weight low. Plus, the parts that need to stay cool – such as the processor and graphics card – receive special attention.
- Macs come with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary telephone support. You can also purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan for extended coverage.
- Another reason people might choose to buy a Mac is because they offer more security than other brands. Macs come with built-in protections against malware and viruses, and they’re also designed to be less susceptible to theft or data loss. In addition, iCloud offers a number of features that help keep your data safe and secure.
- If you’re looking for a powerful computer that’s easy to use and comes with amazing software, a Mac might be the right choice for you. With a wide variety of models to choose from, there’s a Mac for everyone. So if you’re considering making the switch, be sure to check out the latest Apple laptops, desktops and accessories. You won’t be disappointed.