Onsite IT Support Melbourne
When you own a business in Melbourne, you are responsible for its success. Onsite IT support helps with the day-to-day tasks as well as setting up systems that will work long into the future.
Many businesses decide to hire an outside IT company or employee to handle technical issues that come up but may not be able to address them all. Some companies choose to hire additional employees who can provide after-hours technical support whenever necessary.
What is onsite IT support?
Onsite IT support is a service provided by some organizations to provide computer technicians onsite to users experiencing issues with computing devices. The on-site technician will perform basic diagnostic tests or troubleshoots directly with the user or remote into the computer if it is problematic for the on-site technician to access.
Some organizations charge per hour while others offer monthly contracts that include X hours of on-call coverage. On-call fees are typically full-rate during business hours, off-peak hours are discounted, and weekend rates are usually double cost.
Many companies offer technical support plans as part of their group health insurance plan; these can be offered as an employee benefit or made available for purchase by an individual and their immediate family members.
Depending on the type of work being done, this can range from desktop software and hardware configuration to network administration.
On-Site Support Options
When the on-site employee is unable to resolve an issue or needs help with a task, they can contact us using one of two methods.
- Most organizations have some method of contacting their direct line for issues that are time-sensitive; many companies use email as well which allows them to keep records of each request or incident so any follow-up questions or requests by the user do not need to be repeated.
- If more serious problems arise, most businesses have either a phone number or ticketing system so that outside third-party technicians can access the computer if necessary.
When outside IT support is needed, this can cause problems as it can be difficult to get them onsite during emergencies or at odd times of the day. Many companies will invest in their own onsite technicians so that they can respond quickly if necessary. This helps ensure that issues are resolved as quickly as possible and reduces the number of after-hour charges by third-party services providers.
What are some advantages of onsite IT support?
First, having on-site repair ensures that there are no gaps between your coverage for problems with your PC. The second advantage is being able to easily communicate about specific problems with an agent who has already been made familiar with your system. There is also no waiting time because you will instantly get the person who is working on your problem.
This can be an excellent choice for companies that require 24/7 computer support.
What are the services offered?
Onsite IT support includes a set of services like:
- Testing and maintenance
- Conducting preventive measures
- Configuring hardware and software
- Email hosting
- Onsite computer repairs
- Virus and malware protection
- Network security
- Data backup and recovery
- Managed IT Support
- Internet connectivity
- Web hosting
- Support for staff and students with disabilities or additional needs
- Training on the use of IT equipment, software applications, online services, and IT systems. As mentioned above, engineers can be employed to provide training in a number of areas including MS Office products (such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Also, a company offering inbound tech support provides a wide range of inbound tech support services for in-house operations at companies that need to have their in-house technical system up and running.
What are the solutions offered under Onsite IT Support?
On-site tech support provides the following types of solutions:
- proactive proactive monitoring 24/7 availability of servers and workstations, notification when the workstation or server is not available – remote assistance via Teamviewer or other tools
- emergency call-out service when something prevents you from working normally
- central management of all the devices via RMM like Atera;
- management of backup systems;
- onsite personnel available for scheduled maintenance, configuration, and deployment of new systems, or just to help you get started with using it.
When purchasing an inbound tech support service plan, the following should be considered:
- performance standards (uptime);
- response time when outages occur;
- ease of access to engineers.
With regards to price, smaller facilities are likely to pay less than larger facilities but this will depend on the level of service purchased. On average, prices start around $121/hour which includes GST and all equipment costs associated with carrying out work. It is highly recommended to negotiate fixed prices rather than pay-per-call rates as the initial call to diagnose and repair an issue will usually be more expensive than future visits.
Why choose us?
No matter what your situation is, if you need onsite IT support it should be provided by an experienced professional who knows how to diagnose and fix problems quickly and efficiently.
If you in Melbourne and are looking for someone with these qualifications, turn to Computer Technicians. Computer Technicians is an IT company that provides various computer services such as PC repair and sales, data backup and storage, onsite support, offsite backup, and more.
By outsourcing your technical needs to Computer Technicians, you can be sure all issues will be resolved quickly and efficiently, allowing your employees to get back to work without any downtime or dropped projects. So why wait get in touch with us on 0484 357 559
Some additional FAQs:
What are the software you use to access computers?
We will be using TeamViewer most of the time. Apart from this, we will be using NinjaRMM or Atera.
Can you provide support after hours or during weekends?
Yes we provide support every day 24/7.
How important is it to have such a service?
If your business is your bread and butter, then you will need such a service to look after all your IT needs.
What if I can’t get hold of you via email? How else can I get in touch with you?
You can get in touch with us on our phone number and leave us a message. Alternatively, you can send us an SMS quoting ‘Urgent’.